- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society Canada (“The Society”) website can inform website viewers about Society products, but at no time shall The Society be deemed to be offering to sell alcohol products (including the membership pack or membership bottles). Provincial regulations require us to have a retail licensee for all sales of memberships and bottlings. Kensington Wine Market in Calgary, AB, Keg n Cork Liquor Company in Edmonton, AB, Legacy Liquor Store in Vancouver, BC and The Strath Ale, Wine & Spirit Merchants in Victoria, BC (the "Stores") are our trusted retail stores, and purchases of Scotch Malt Whisky Society memberships and products must be handled through their stores.
- By becoming a member of The Scotch Malt Whisky Society you agree that any Society products purchased through the Stores are for personal consumption or gift only, and that you will not re-sell any Society product.
- By becoming a member of The Society you expressly consent to ourselves and the Stores contacting you by email, phone, mail, fax or otherwise for the purpose of making you aware of Society offers of bottlings, tastings, dry goods and other Society-related products, services and information as well as fulfilling, servicing and completing your requests and transactions related to products and services. You may 'unsubscribe' from such communications by clicking 'unsubscribe' on communications from ourselves or the Stores or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and advising us as to which communications methods are acceptable to you.
- The Scotch Malt Whisky Society Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decline membership from any applicant or to terminate a membership.
- Society members who hold their memberships in branches other than Canada are welcome to visit any of the Stores in person and purchase Society product. Please note: you must have your membership card with you. We’re sorry, but the Stores cannot fulfil orders online from members other than of the Canadian branch of The Society.
- Applicants for membership certify that they are of legal drinking age in their province of residence.
- As there is a limited supply of Society products, all orders through the Stores are subject to availability and can only be sold to the person whose name the membership is in. Your order from any Store is an offer to purchase from that Store, and a binding contract does not exist between yourself and that Store (nor with The Scotch Malt Whisky Society Canada) until product availability is confirmed and your order is processed. We apologize in advance for any disappointment if you were unable to get the bottling you wanted, but promise that more amazing whiskies will be forthcoming.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all rights including those in copyright in the content of this website are owned by or controlled by Noseworthy Imports Ltd. (dba The Scotch Malt Whisky Society Canada) © 2019.